- The Asia Mediation Centre is a member of the Alliance Of Organisations For Mediation Standards (“The Alliance”). The founding members are:
- The Asia Mediation Centre (AMC)
- Instituto de Certificação e Formação de Mediadores Lusófonos (ICFML)
- The International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)
- Institut Français de Certification des Médiateurs (IFCM)
- The Singapore International Mediation Institute Limited (SIMI)
- The Alliance has launched an arrangement where mediators accredited with one member can apply to any member of the Alliance to have their credentials cross-recognised, i.e., such mediator will also be accredited with the member of the Alliance which cross-recognizes that mediator.
- The minimum level of accreditation required from each organisation, and the corresponding level of cross recognition are as follows:
- AMC: AMC Accredited Mediator
- ICFML: ICFML Mediador Certificado Avançado Level 2
- IDRRMI: International Accredited Professional Mediator (IAPM)
- IFCM: IFCM Qualified Mediator
- SIMI: SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 2
For example, if a SIMI-accredited mediator wishes to be accredited with any or all of the other four Alliance members, that mediator must at least be a SIMI Accredited Mediator Level 2. He or she will then be recognized as a mediator with the other Alliance members at the corresponding level listed above.
Instructions for Asia Mediation Centre accredited/registered mediators who wish to apply for cross-recognition by other Alliance members
- Please submit the following documents to the Alliance member you wish to be accredited with:
- Application form for cross-recognition/accreditation (fee may be applicable) – to be obtained from the respective Alliance member
- Certification letter (fee may be applicable) – kindly fill in the Certification Letter and submit it to the Asia Mediation Centre for signature. Once the letter is signed, you may then email the completed Certification Letter along with Application Form above to the Alliance member whom you wish to be accredited with .
For enquiries, kindly contact the respective AMS member via their website.
For accredited/registered mediators from other Alliance members who wish to apply for cross-recognition by the Asia Mediation Centre
- Mediators from other members of the Alliance who are interested in having their credentials cross-recognised by the Asia Mediation Centre must submit:
- Application form for cross-recognition/accreditation by the Asia Mediation Centre (fee of Ringgit Malaysia $750 is payable annually. This is the amount payable by similar Asia Mediation Centre registered mediators annually)
- Certification letter (to be obtained from home accrediting organization. Fees may be applicable depending on the home accrediting organization)
*Please see Annex for payment instructions.
- All documents should be sent to email@example.com or 602 Jalan Sang Kancil Satu, 88300 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- The Asia Mediation Centre reserves the right to determine whether the requirements for cross-recognition have been met.
20 March 2023
Payment of all fees should be made to:
Concordia DRC Sdn. Bhd.
Maybank Berhad Account Number: 510143712406
Bank Address: Karamunsing Branch, Bangunan Maybank, 1 Lorong Kemajuan Karamunsing, 88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia